- Cut the tempeh into 1/2-inch cubes and steam for 10 minutes. This will remove any bitterness.
- Marinate the tempeh in a bowl with the soy sauce, 1/2 cup of broth, garlic, and ginger while you cut up the broccoli, onion, and red bell peppers.
- Saute the veggies over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons vegetable broth until tender-crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Stir-fry the tempeh over medium-high heat without the marinade so it browns.
- Once the tempeh is lightly browned and fragrant, add the veggies back to the pan along with the marinade and toss to coat.
- Serve over the hot couscous or rice. Enjoy immediately!
Stored in a covered container in the refrigerator, leftovers will keep for up to 3 days.
Nutrition profile per serving:
20.2 g protein,
37.2 g carbohydrate, 5.8 g sugar,
8.1 g total fat,
25.5% calories from fat, 7.1 g fiber
Recipe adapted from The Cancer Survivor’s Guide, Neal D. Barnard, M.D., and Jennifer K. Reilly, R.D.